AHW Practitioner - Registered Nurse (Women's Health)
- Unique opportunity to work with Aboriginal communities in a spectacular region!
- Attractive remuneration package PLUS annual flights & generous salary packaging options!
- Enjoy 5 weeks leave per year, giving you time to explore the magnificent sights of the Kimberley region!
About Derby Aboriginal Health Service
Derby Aboriginal Health Service (DAHS) is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service (ACCHS) providing holistic primary health care services to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people living in Derby and surrounding communities. DAHS provides a wide range of innovative public health programs in addition to direct comprehensive primary health care services. It is required to comply with a number of Service Agreements with Commonwealth and State departments and agencies, and to operate with a number of government and private medical and health delivery organizations.
About the Opportunity
Derby Aboriginal Health Service (DAHS) has a truly rewarding opportunity for an AHW Practitioner - Registered Nurse (Women's Health) to join their multidisciplinary team in Derby, WA, on a full-time basis.
In this role, you'll be responsible for providing Women’s Health primary health care services to clients, at the clinic and in the community. You will ensure the focus of care is on the needs of Aboriginal clients within the context of their cultural identity and social circumstances and to work as part of the DAHS team in providing a quality and client-focused environment.
More specifically, you'll be responsible for:
- Providing sexual and reproductive health information/education on an organisational needs basis;
- Organising appointments and notify clients of Maternal Health clinics as per roster;
- Acting as a clinical resource to support, mentor and develop Aboriginal Health Worker Trainees and other students whilst undertaking clinical placements;
- Ensuring maintenance and confidentiality information systems such as patient health records, computer systems, statistics and other records as required for the efficient, effective management of clients; and
- Seeking assistance from other health professionals in identifying client’s needs as required.
DAHS is looking for an experienced AHW Practitioner - Registered Nurse (Women's Health) with demonstrated knowledge of Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services (ACCHS) and the issues facing these organisations in their service delivery. You will also hold an RN – Pharmacotherapeutics certificate
Importantly, you'll also have an understanding of Aboriginal culture and the issues affecting health and health outcomes for Aboriginal people.
The successful candidate will hold Attainment of Diploma AHW practitioner/RN or equivalent with Demonstrated experience as an AHW practitioner/RN in the urban/remote setting.
Candidates will need to have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of rural and remote health issues including the principles of primary health care and the ability to plan and manage own work with little supervision in a cross-cultural setting.
A current Australian ‘C’ Class driver’s license or equivalent, Working with Children's Check and National Police Clearance are all essential to obtain prior to commencement.
Please Note: This role involves off-road travel to remote communities in large four-wheel drive vehicles as well as small single engine aircrafts. As such, you must be prepared to travel away from Derby as required.
About the Benefits
DAHS is an organisation that truly values its team, and is committed to improving employee knowledge, skills and experience. In addition, staff development programs are not only encouraged but are often paid for by DAHS. This position presents a highly attractive opportunity for someone with a desire to develop their professional knowledge and experience in the area of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health.
In return for your hard work and commitment to the role, you will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package based on skills and experience plus the following:
- Annual Airfare Derby-Perth-Derby return after 12 months of employment
- 5 weeks annual leave with 17.5% Leave Loading on 4 weeks annual leave
- Salary Packaging gross-up amount of $31,177 option
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills, advance your career, and enhance your cultural knowledge in this stunning outback location. Make a positive difference — Apply Now!
Please fill out you Personal Details below.